From Cruise Industry News
MSC Cruises is offering a creative repackaging of its repositioning cruises, calling them Grand Voyages, featuring new menus and beverage selections reflecting the itineraries and ports of call, in addition a lecture program and regionally inspired entertainment and theme nights.
Two lecture series have been added to the 2012 Grand Voyage program: A behind the scenes lecture series of MSC history, navigation and ship engineering, and history lectures presented by experts from European universities and be tailored to each itinerary in English, German or Portuguese.
According to an MSC press release, guests will learn not only about the history, geography and culture of each destination they visit, but will be transported back in time to the old days of sea travel, discovering the dawn of early navigation along the same routes.
A combined dining and entertainment program will be offered, including special menus in the restaurants, cooking demonstrations, and more.
For instance, calling in Casablanca, guests will be treated to a Moroccan themed evening including a bazaar, a North African themed menu and a screening of the much classic film Casablanca.
Brazilian night will be a carnival, with numerous themed cocktails including “One Million Brazilian Colours” and dinner menus including …MORE
Return of the Sea Empress
- About the author
- Landmark 1st Amendment Ruling Won by Author
- Return of the Sea Empress — buy it here!
- The Chesapeake: Tales & Scales
- The Privateer Clause…buy it here!
- The Privateer Clause…cruising has never been more dangerous!
- For the Titanic…an opera…for Sailing down the Chesapeake Bay….tunes from 100 years ago…Potomac River Blues…
- Princess will preside over naming of the new Royal Princess
- Six celebrated Titanic authors to appear at Titanic Museum Attraction at Branson, Missouri
- Maritime Security Response Team detachment returns home from counter-piracy deployment
- UPDATE: Coast Guard temporarily suspends search for 2 missing men off Eastern Shore